Director of Content and Creative
Our client, SE2 in Denver, Colorado, is seeking an experienced Director of Content and Creative to join their full-service marketing agency. Part strategist, part creative director, part project conductor, and part copywriter, the Director of Content and Creative is a jack-of-all trades and is adept at directing its content and creative teams to achieve clients’ objectives. If you see yourself more as an editor-in-chief than a “creative” or designer, this may be the right role for you. This is a small agency in which it is important leaders are doers as much as directors.
As Director of Content and Creative you will:
- Tell compelling stories that engage key audiences and move them to action using a mx of digital and traditional media.
- Ensure that all client content and creative is on-strategy and on-brand.
- Set creative vision and philosophy for how the agency generates creative and content, and manage the budget, people, processes, and technology to make it happen.
- Sell the creative vision to get buy-in from multiple stakeholders.
- Develop creative concepts and lead concepting sessions to generate strategic, creative ideas.
- Revise content and presentations and provide feedback to the team.
- Train and guide team members into accomplished professionals.
- Monitor results of team efforts and propose actions for future improvements.
Successful candidates must have demonstrated experience:
- Developing creative strategy and concepts for integrated campaigns (e.g. digital and traditional media)
- Successfully managing multifaceted projects which include design, content, and digital media
- Planning and executing brand storytelling via a converged media strategy (e.g. paid, owned, earned)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in advertising, marketing graphic design, visual arts, or a similar field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in art direction, creative production management, or copywriting
- Experience working in public issues and/or policy a plus
- Adept at managing virtual/freelance partners
- Skills, experience, and desire to be an effective, assertive, and proactive leader in a small agency setting
- Superb writing skills in both long-form and short-form content
- Proficiency in new and emerging creative processes and software applications
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to solve problems under stressful circumstances
- Thorough understanding of the planning, creative, and production processes
- Proficiency in using the Workamajig project management platform preferred.
If you’re interested, please submit your cover letter and resumé.
SE2 is an integrated communications agency that has moved the needle on issues that matter since 1997. They believe in the power that comes from combining experience and instinct to inspire action. It is not about left or right, red or blue. It’s about engaging hearts and minds to influence opinion, change policy, and shift behavior. Within this niche, they offer the full spectrum of communications services – from advertising to digital strategies to public relations.